YSPUCYour water company
Ken Harrington, YSPUC manager, checks equipment at one of the many wells the company operates.
What you should know
We have several main wells that provide clean, healthy water for each of the lots and homes. We manage and operate Yosemite Spring Park Utility Company (YSPUC) with a separate board of directors and have employees that work for YSPUC to maintain the system.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Business office hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. The business office phone number is (559) 517-3799. The business office is closed on all major holidays.
It is also very important not to flush UNTIL YSPUC notifies you to start the flushing process.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we will issue you 1 flushing credit that will be applied to your next month’s bill.
The California Public Utilities Commission determined that, based on its number of customers, the YSPUC can recover 65 percent of its fixed costs through a Readiness to Serve charge.
Without this charge, the rates that YSPUC would have to charge for water would be much higher, as sales of water alone would not cover the costs of operations, at a rate that would appear to be reasonable to the consumer.
Should you need emergency assistance after business hours, on weekends, or on a holiday, please contact us by using our emergency line: 760-4349.
Please contact us for any water company-related emergency during the times specified above. We would rather find out about the problem at 2 a.m. when the problem is small rather than at 7 a.m. when the problem has become very large.
Meters are read monthly and billing statements are sent out by the 5th of each month. Please call us if you do not receive your statement by the 15th of each month.
Your water is being supplied to you from deep rock wells, and so occasional discolored water can occur. Slight discolor that quickly comes and goes is not a concern.
However, if your water becomes dark and stays that way, then IMMEDIATELY take the following steps:
1. Contact the office at 658-7451 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
2. After hours, call 760-4349
3. DO NOT turn on any water in or around your home, unless instructed by YSPUC.
Never run your hot water while it is discolored. However, if you were running the hot water when your water became discolored, you may need to drain your hot water heater as well.
A brief history of YSPUC
- Constructed and originally owned and operated by the subdivision developer beginning in 1969 with a phased construction approach.
- Currently there are approximately 1,884 active service connections with about 1,870 being homes.
- Became a subsidiary company of the Yosemite Lakes Owners Association in 1987 as it remains today.
- The first occupied homes were seen in 1973.
- The subdivision encompasses approximately 6,600 acres comprised of 2,180 lots, three large recreation areas of 300 or more acres, nearly 55 miles of paved roads, a golf course, public swimming pool, equestrian center, recreation center, restaurants, and a variety of other amenities.
Fluoride Violation Notice – Well 36A2020_06_01_tier2notice_fluoride_well_36A
Yearly Consumer Confidence Reports and other documents
(no CCR received in 2020)