Swimming pool & tennis courts
WELCOME to our swimming pool, one of the most popular amenities here in Yosemite Lakes Park — and the most populated during our hot summers! There are times for lap swim and family fun, and even a weekday morning session for water aerobics.
THIS YEAR we have installed an automated entry system for the pool, which enables us to expand pool hours and save nearly $40,000 in labor costs.
While we will not have lifeguards this year, we will have pool attendants during open swim to monitor the pool and operate the snack shack. Security will also regularly patrol the pool and video monitoring will be done for safety and security.
How to get a pool pass in 2019
1. Fill out pool pass form found in the annual packet NOW BEING SENT TO YOU (either by email if you chose digital delivery of YLOA documents, or by postal mail). You also will be able to pick up a copy at the YLOA office.
2. Return it to the YLOA office with the $25 season payment if you have a smartphone. Bring your smartphone with you. If you don’t have a smartphone, you’ll also need to purchase a $50 fob (a one-time purchase and will work for several years). Additional smartphone keys to be used within a household can be purchased for $10. Pay by check or credit card. You can also pay online using our payments page.
3. Download and install the VIZpin app (at the iPhone App Store or Google Play) on your smartphone — or purchase a VIZPIN fob at the YLOA office. If you need assistance installing the app, our office and pool staff will be happy to assist. Phones must have texting service and be either Android or iPhone, made within the past five years. The YLOA staff will help you with a fob if you order one.
4. At the pool entrance, use the VIZpin app on your phone or fob to open the gate for yourself and your guests.
Monday through Friday
• Lap/therapeutic swim: 6 to 8 a.m.
• Water aerobics: 8 to 9 a.m.
• Lap/therapeutic swim: 9 to 11 a.m.
• Open Swim: 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
• Lap/therapeutic swim: 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
• Open swim: 7:30 to 11 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday
• Lap/therapeutic swim: 6 to 11 a.m.
• Open swim: 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Pool attendant hours: 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily through Labor Day.
Around the pool
YLP SWIMMING POOL RULES
A PRIVATE POOL FOR MEMBERS & THEIR GUESTS
- CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 14 MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT
- NO GLASS, SMOKING, ALCOHOL OR PETS ALLOWED IN POOL AREA
- NO RUNNING OR HORSEPLAY
- PROPER SWIM APPAREL REQUIRED
- CHILDREN ARE NOT ALLOWED IN SPA (PLEASE SEE SPA RULES)
- SHOWER BEFORE USING POOL
- SUNSCREEN SHOULD BE APPLIED AT LEAST 15 MINUTES BEFORE ENTERING POOL
- BABY POOL IS FOR TINY TOTS, SUPERVISION REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES
- NO PRIVATE LESSONS ALLOWED
- MODERATION IN MUSIC AND VOLUME MUST BE EXERCISED
- PLEASE THROW AWAY ALL TRASH
- LONG HAIR MUST BE PULLED BACK
- MEMBERS AND/OR GUESTS GUILTY OF DAMAGE TO POOL AREA WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE
- BE COURTEOUS AND CONSIDERATE OF OTHERS
- EMPLOYEES HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO ENFORCE POOL RULES