For the past 20 years, YSPUC has relied on specialized billing software to prepare and process your monthly water bills. While the system provided the basic essentials, it lacked flexibility and modern features like email support, electronic billing, and customer access to account history. It also required numerous manual processes and did not directly integrate with our accounting software or credit card payment system. Our new solution remedies these shortcomings — streamlining payment processing, enhancing communication, reducing the cost to send and process payments, and facilitating better integration with other software systems.
● Easier to understand invoices that clearly identify your current charges and total account balance
● Faster payment processing with no additional processing fees
● Electronic invoices with email delivery and bill payment
● Online customer portal with account history and invoice status
● To sign up for electronic bill pay and online access, please complete the form that was sent with your March invoice (or print out the form at the bottom of this page).
● We have migrated all customer and billing data for the last 15 months; going back to January 1st, 2020.
● 2,274 accounts were converted; representing 120,833 unique invoice and payment transactions.
● Each customer account was balanced to the penny, with the billing information in our old system.
● Due to the time to convert and validate the old data, your March 2021 invoice is being mailed about 3 weeks later than usual; as a result, the PAYMENT DUE DATE for YOUR CURRENT INVOICE will be extended 3 additional weeks also and will be due: April 13, 2021.
PAST DUE ACCOUNTS
● Due to COVID and a request by the PUC, delinquent accounts have not been turned off
● Water Shut-Offs for lack of payment are expected to resume in June.
● IF you are delinquent, we encourage you to discuss the situation with us as soon as possible so that we may help you avoid shut-off.