YOSEMITE SPRING PARK UTILITY COMPANY
Field Services Assistant Job Description
Effective: June 16, 2016
Position: YSPUC Field Services Assistant
Reports to: YSPUC Operations Supervisor
Revised: April 6, 2021 Pay: Exempt Non-exempt Rate:
SUMMARY: Under close or general supervision, performs varied unskilled or
semi-skilled manual tasks pertaining to maintenance and operations of the water production and distribution systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in performing testing of wells and distribution system as required by the California Department of Health Services
- Assist in the operation, maintenance and repair of wells and water storage units used for the production and distribution of water. Shall assist in taking static levels and testing and control chemical treatment.
- Follow all work methods, procedures as defined by the Operations Supervisor.
- Assist in installation, maintenance, repair and/or rebuilding of water meters.
Read meters on a quarterly basis and as needed.
- Inspect, flush, clean and perform minor to major repairs of water mains,
Lines and laterals; make taps for new services.
- Assist in performing routine welding and fabrication duties.
- Assist in maintenance fire hydrants, air-vacs and valves.
- Maintain written logs and worksheets of treatment operations; combine
Equipment readings and test results into summary reports.
- Assist in required sampling, testing and lab work necessary in water
- Respond to requests and inquires from customers, as instructed.
- Conduct traffic control as needed.
- Maintain all equipment, tools, pumps, etc.
- Turns meters on and off as instructed, reads meters; posts notices regarding
- Operates heavy equipment used in water system construction and maintenance,
Such as backhoes and loaders.
- Assists in maintenance of buildings and grounds owned by the YSPUC
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- California Department of Health Services, Water Distribution Certification
Grade I or Grade II (Secondary D1 or D2)
- California Department of Health Services, Water Treatment Plant Operators
Certification Grade I (Primary T1 or T2). Willingness to continue with certification program.
- Backhoe Certification required.
- Knowledge of methods, techniques and tools used in water service installations,
Maintenance and repair work.
- Knowledge of basic mechanical and electrical systems.
- Knowledge of safe work practices.
- Perform semi-skilled maintenance, construction and repair work.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Use and operate hand tools, mechanical equipment, and power tools and
Equipment required for the work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Flexibility to be available for emergency call-outs during off time.
- Willingness to work nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as necessary.
- May be required to serve stand-by duty as assigned by management.
- Must possess a valid California Class C Driver’s License in good standing.
- Must be able to obtain a first-aid/CPR card.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Must have high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Two years of experience performing general maintenance.
- Must be able to communicate clearly.
- Must meet the health and physical condition standards deemed necessary
And proper for the position.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment and supplies up to 90 lbs.
- Regular use of the telephone and radio for communications.
- Sits, stands, walks for extended periods. Stoops, kneels, crouches, crawls
And climbs during regular duties.
- May be exposed to inclement weather, heights, confined spaces, potentially
Dangerous tools and equipment.
- May be exposed to potentially dangerous animals and insects (dogs
Bees, spiders, snakes, etc.).
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals in the course of daily work.
- Operates a company vehicle in field maintenance work.
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individual with
Disabilities to perform the essential job functions