This job description has been generated and audited for compliance with YLOA/YSPUC’s Safety and Risk Management Program. The duties shall be utilized in the training of staff for departmental operations described herein, and for the general directions in the implementation of the work.
SUMMARY: The YSPUC AR Clerk performs the functions as described by the YLOA/YSPUC Human Resource Management System and at the direction of the YLOA Administration Manager with the continuing goals of providing superior customer service and customer fulfillment.
Under general supervision, the YSPUC AR Clerk provides varied office administrative support, which includes financial record keeping, general bookkeeping support and customer service activities, and coordination of office and field functions to provide for servicing of customer accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for all aspects of customer accounts including setup, changes, billing, flushing credits etc.
- Coordinates field activities pertaining to customer requests/complaints.
- Coordinate line locate work orders with crew within 24 hours of receipt.
- Receives reviews and enters meter readings into customer accounts in preparation for monthly billing as well as upload routes into handhelds.
- Processes payments; follows up on delinquent accounts and prepares bank deposits.
- Complete and send escrow demands within 10 days of receipt.
- Prepares monthly reports for DOHS.
- Prepares annual DOHS reports
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Performs special assignments from the Administrative Manager or YLOA General Manager as assigned.
- Provide backup to YSPUC CSR.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Products software version 2010 or current, RVS Mosaics
- General knowledge of access to and searching Internet via Internet Explorer software
- Able to utilize computer, 10-key and related office equipment in the working environment.
- Communicates well with vendors, customers, employee co-workers and management, via phone, IM/Skype, and walk-in services.
- Proven skills in teamwork and problem identification
- Works well in small office environment; very strong team player
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School (G.E.D.) diploma
- Knowledge of water utility operations and maintenance.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in administrative/office or front office environment handling medium to high volume customer contact.
- Minimum 1 year experience in retail or office cash handling.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF JOB:
- Meet the health and physical condition standard necessary for the position, including sitting for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift forty pounds, stoop, bend over, pick up office-sized trash containers, handle the daily delivery of mail to the nearby postal drop.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individual with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.