YOSEMITE SPRING PARK UTILITY COMPANY
Pay: Competitive, DOE
Reports To: Utility Field Operations Supervisor
This position will perform skilled and unskilled functions in the operation, construction, repair and maintenance of water production, treatment, storage, and delivery facilities. This position will function directly under the Utility Field Supervisor with direct and/or indirect supervision and will perform all duties at the direction of the Utility Field Supervisor or higher authority.
- Will be required to work on calls and assigned shifts which may include nights, weekends and/or holidays and may rotate throughout the year.
- Must have a reliable working cell phone
- Must have and maintain a minimum of a Class “C” drivers license issued by the State of California Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Must have and maintain a satisfactory driving record
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in the English language commensurate with job duties.
- Employee shall be required to obtain a minimum of a Grade T1 Water treatment Operator certificate and/or a Grade D2 Water Distribution certificate both issued by the State of California Department of Public Health within one (1) year of employment.
- Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent GED is required prior to hire date.
Examples of Duties:
- Perform manual labor in the construction, repair, maintenance, and operation of a municipal water system.
- Read water meters.
- Install, test and repair water meters
- Install, tap, disinfect, shutdown, repair and test water services, transmission and distribution mains.
- Record system data as required
- Oversee and/or perform flushing and cleaning operations of existing water mains.
- Hold call, or stand-by emergency response duties related to potential after hours system emergencies and/or customer complaints or needs.
- Respond to, investigate and resolve customer concerns related to water quality issues within the distribution system.
- Operate, adjust, maintain, disinfect, and test domestic water wells.
- Determine, adjust and control chemical dosage rate for wellhead treatment systems, controlling disinfection and sequestrate, resulting in properly maintained distribution residuals.
- Navigate read and make operational decisions from information provided through a SCADA system.
- Operate distribution pumps to properly maintain required flows, pressures, storage reservoirs levels, and fire flow demands throughout the distribution system.
- Perform basic vehicle, tool and equipment maintenance and other assigned duties as required.
Desirable Training and Experience:
- Grade T1 or higher Water Treatment Operator certificate issued by the State of California Department of Public Health
- Grade D1 or higher Distribution Operator certificate issued by the State of California Department of Public Health.
- Backhoe operation
- Computer Skills
- Previous experiences with a water utility company