Pay: Competitive, DOE
Reports To: Utility Leadman
This position will perform unskilled functions in the operation and maintenance of water production, treatment, storage and delivery facilities. This position will function directly under the Utility Leadman with direct supervision and will perform all duties at the direction of the Utility Leadman or higher authority.
- Must be available to work required on calls and shifts which may include nights, weekends and/or holidays
- Must have a reliable working phone
- Must have and maintain a minimum of a Class “C” Drivers License issued by the State of California Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Must have and maintain a satisfactory driving record
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in the English language commensurate with job duties.
- Employee will be required to obtain a Grade 1 Water Treatment Operator certificate or Grade 1 Water Distribution Operator certificate issued by the State of California Department of Public Health within one (1) year of employment.
- Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent GED is required prior to hire date.
Examples of Duties:
- Perform manual labor in the repair, maintenance, and operation of a municipal water system.
- Read water meters
- Install, test and repair water wells, boosters and storage tank components.
- Install and repair water services and distribution mains
- Record system data as required.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance and other assigned duties as required.
Desirable Training and Experience:
- Grade 1 or higher Water Treatment Operator certificate and/or Water Distribution Operator certificate issued by the State of California Department of Public Health
- Backhoe operation
- Computer skills
- Previous experience with a water utility company