We are on the hunt for a talented and reliable Maintenance Technician to join our maintenance department and assist with meter readings. This is a part time position with the possibility of becoming full time. In this position, your responsibility is to record meter readings and help preserve the excellent condition and functionality of our business premises.
Our ideal candidate will be a jack-of-all-trades, preferably with a knowledge of maintenance procedures and basic tools. To excel in this position you must be self motivated, and be an outstanding problem-solver with exceptional communication, organizational, and time management skills.
Meter Reader/Maintenance Technician Responsibilities:
- Record meter readings and check septic systems
- Inspect buildings, equipment, and systems to identify any issues
- Repair faulty equipment units and damaged structures
- Perform general maintenance tasks including janitorial needs, landscaping, painting and carpentry
Meter Reader/Maintenance Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification
- Understanding of general maintenance procedures and techniques
- Must be physically capable and available to work overtime including weekends, public holidays, and evenings
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work in sometimes extreme weather conditions (summer and winter temperatures)