A line cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, fry and/or stations or other areas of the kitchen.
Job Duties include:
- Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines.
- Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
- Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
- Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
- Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
- Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef at any time.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Previous prep or line cook experience.
- English language and professional communications skills are required.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem-solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized.
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
- This position will spend 100% of the time standing.
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water.
- The individual must be able to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion and up to 35 pounds regularly.
- Must be able to speak, read, and understand basic cooking directions.
Please submit an application at yloa.org for consideration
Job Type: Part-Time/Full-Time
Job Type: Part-time