|Yosemite Spring Park Utility Company|
|Effective: July 8 2019|
|Position:||YSPUC Utility/Maintenance Worker|
|Reports to:||YSPUC Operations Supervisor|
|Revised July 8 2019||Exempt: Negotiable|
SUMMARY: Under close or general supervision, performs varied unskilled or semi-skilled manual tasks pertaining to maintenance and operations of the water production and distribution systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in performing testing of wells and distribution system as required by the California State Water Resources Quality Control Board.
- Assist in the operation, maintenance and repair of wells and water storage units used for the production and distribution of water. Shall assist in taking static levels and testing and control chemical treatment.
- Follow all work methods, procedures as defined by Operations Supervisor.
- Assist in installation, maintenance, repair and/or rebuilding of water meters.
- Read meters on a monthly basis and as needed.
- Inspect, flush, clean and perform minor to major repairs of water mains, lines and laterals; make taps for new services.
- Assist in performing routine welding and fabrication duties.
- Assist in maintenance fire hydrants, air-vacs and valves.
- Maintain written logs and worksheets of treatment operations; combine equipment readings and test results into summary reports.
- Assist in required sampling, testing and lab work necessary in water treatment operations.
- Respond to requests and inquires from customers, as instructed.
- Conduct traffic control as needed.
- Maintain all equipment, tools, pumps, etc.
- Turns meters on and off as instructed, reads meters; post notices regarding delinquent accounts.
- Operate heavy equipment used in water system construction and maintenance, such as backhoes and loaders.
- Assist in maintenance of buildings and grounds owned by the YSPUC.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- California State Water Resources Quality Control Board, Water Distribution Certification Grade I within 12 months of hire.
- California State Water Resources Quality Control Board, Water Treatment Plant Operators Certification Grade I within 12 months of hire.
- Knowledge of methods, techniques and tools used in water service installations, maintenance and repair work.
- Knowledge of basic mechanical and electrical systems.
- Knowledge of safe work practices.
- Perform semi-skilled maintenance, construction and repair work.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Use and operate hand tools, mechanical equipment, and power tools and equipment required for the work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Flexibility to be available for emergency call-outs during off time.
- Willingness to work nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as necessary.
- May be required to serve stand-by duty as assigned by management.
- Must possess a valid California Class C driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to obtain a first-aid/CPR card.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Must have high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Two years of experience performing general maintenance.
- Must be able to communicate clearly.
- Must be able to deal with basic customer service situations.
- Must meet the health and physical condition standards deemed necessary and proper for the position.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment and supplies up to 90 lbs.
- Regularly use of telephone and radio for communications.
- Sits, stands, walks for extended periods. Stoops, kneels, crouches, crawls and climbs during regular duties.
- May be exposed to inclement weather, heights, confined spaces, potentially dangerous tools and equipment.
- May be exposed to potentially dangerous animals and insects (dogs, bees, spiders, snakes, etc.).
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals in the course of daily work.
- Operates a company vehicle in field maintenance work.
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individual with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.