|Position||Pipeline Replacement Project Shift Lead|
|Reports to||Project Manager|
|Exempt: No, Pay: $15.00 – $16.00|
SUMMARY: Under little or no supervision, performs varied unskilled or semi-skilled manual tasks pertaining to maintenance and operations of the water production and distribution systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Follow all work methods, procedures as defined by Operations Supervisor.
- Assist in installation, maintenance, repair and/or rebuilding of water mains.
- Inspect, flush, clean and perform minor to major repairs of water mains, lines and laterals; make taps for new services.
- Assist in installation of fire hydrants, air-vacs and valves.
- Maintain written logs for vehicle inspections.
- Conduct traffic control as needed.
- Maintain all equipment, tools, pumps, etc.
- Operate heavy equipment used in water system construction and maintenance such as backhoes and loaders.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Facilitate goals for the team, as established by the Project Manager.
- Ensure all safety requirements are met, per OSHA standards.
- Complete daily construction reports are completed accurately and submitted to Project Manager.
- Ensure job site is cleaned properly and all traffic control is in place.
- Perform semi-skilled construction and repair work.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Use and operate hand tools, mechanical equipment, and power tools and equipment required for the work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Flexibility to be available for emergency call-outs during off time.
- Willingness to work nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as necessary.
- Must possess a valid California Class C driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Must have high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Two years of experience performing general maintenance.
- Must be able to communicate clearly.
- Must meet the health and physical condition standards deemed necessary and proper for the position.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment and supplies up to 90 lbs.
- Regularly use of telephone and radio for communications.
- Sits, stands, walks for extended periods. Stoops, kneels, crouches, crawls and climbs during regular duties.
- May be exposed to inclement weather, heights, confined spaces, potentially dangerous tools and equipment.
- May be exposed to potentially dangerous animals and insects (dogs, bees, spiders, snakes, etc.).
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals in the course of daily work.
- Operates a company vehicle in field maintenance work.
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.