Members of the Yosemite Lakes Golf Association recently met with Jon Christensen of Sierra Golf Management to go over our golf course and develop a maintenance plan that we can work on over the next several months.
We went over each hole, suggestions were made, notes were taken, and priorities were established.
The list of work to be done includes the following:
1. Reconstruction of the ladies’ 4th tee, including leveling, re-sod and adding a gold tee area.
2. Removing trees in front of the 5th tee on the right side and enlarging the white tee area to provide a new angle to the green.
3. Removing the dead tree short of the 6th green on the left side, trim mistletoe from the last two trees on the right side short of the green. Add dirt along right side of fairway and re-seed to stop erosion. Rope off and re-seed area left of green.
4. Remove brush and trees on right side in front of the 7th tee, enlarge tee box to the right to add a new angle to the green.
5. Level and re-sod the blue tee area of the 8th tee, trim trees on the left side near the ladies’ tee, remove mistletoe from the last two trees on the left side of the fairway.
6. Level and re-sod the blue tee area on the 9th hole, trim trees on the right and left just off the tee.
More to come — look for our next blog!
WORK RECENTLY COMPLETED