Keeping YLP fire-safe
The YLP Fire Safety Task Force, which was recently established by the YLOA Board of Directors, would like to share the following IMPORTANT INFORMATION WITH ALL RESIDENTS.
1) MADERA COUNTY REQUIRES ALL UNDEVELOPED PROPERTIES TO CREATE A 30’ WEED FREE PERIMETER ON ALL PROPERTY LINES
2) LOTS WITH HOMES OR STRUCTURES REQUIRE a 100’ DEFENSIBLE SPACE AROUND EVERY STRUCTURE with a recommended 30’ perimeter clearance.
3) WEED ABATEMENT/FIRE BUFFERS MUST BE IN PLACE NO LATER THAN MAY 1st
For your own personal safety and the safety of the entire community, we urge all residents to voluntarily comply with these requirements.
FAILURE TO COMPLY CAN LEAD TO FINES AND PENALTIES BY THE COUNTY OF MADERA and/or YLOA ENVIRONMENTAL CONTROL COMMITTEE.
The purpose of the YLP FIRE SAFETY TASK FORCE is to conduct public outreach and education, concentrating on wildfire preparedness, home hardening, defensible space, fire-smart landscaping, and creating plans to address current fire hazards.
If you have questions or suggestions please join us at a DASH Committee meeting, held at 6 p.m. on the third Monday of each month in the clubhouse.
Let’s all do our part to keep our homes, properties, friends, and family safe!
• Wildfire is coming. Are you ready? Take Self-Assessment Survey
• A burn permit must be obtained before burning. In addition, it must be a “burn day.” Before burning call 1-877-429–2876 to confirm if it is a burn day. Follow all safety rules when burning. Refer to “What can be burned.”