Progress continues on the renovations at the YLP Golf Course: tree trimming, reconstruction of sand traps and tees. The recent rains have filled the lakes, and the well that is being drilled in the golf course parking lot will add to the water supply for all of YLGA.
Play continues to increase, through afternoon specials, advertising and word of mouth that we are open to the public.
We also are looking forward to hosting the Yosemite High School Boy’s Golf Team on Monday, Feb. 21. There will be 36 players from six different high schools participating. Come on out and watch these young stars of the future!
I encourage homeowners to come out and see what all the excitement is about, and to enjoy one of the best amenities that we have here at YLP.
Members of the Yosemite Lakes Golf Association recently met with Jon Christensen of Sierra Golf Management to go over our golf course and develop a maintenance plan that we can work on over the next several months.
We went over each hole, suggestions were made, notes were taken, and priorities were established.
The list of work to be done includes the following:
1. Reconstruction of the ladies’ 4th tee, including leveling, re-sod and adding a gold tee area.
2. Removing trees in front of the 5th tee on the right side and enlarging the white tee area to provide a new angle to the green.
3. Removing the dead tree short of the 6th green on the left side, trim mistletoe from the last two trees on the right side short of the green. Add dirt along right side of fairway and re-seed to stop erosion. Rope off and re-seed area left of green.
4. Remove brush and trees on right side in front of the 7th tee, enlarge tee box to the right to add a new angle to the green.
5. Level and re-sod the blue tee area of the 8th tee, trim trees on the left side near the ladies’ tee, remove mistletoe from the last two trees on the left side of the fairway.
6. Level and re-sod the blue tee area on the 9th hole, trim trees on the right and left just off the tee.
Last month, Yosemite Lakes Community Church held its first golf tournament in the past eight years here at our golf course. Thirty-six players participated and everyone had a great time. Plans are being made for next year’s event.